If you’re looking for a reliable and feature-rich machine for quilting to up your sewing game, the Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q is an excellent option.
In this guide, we’ll look at the key features, included accessories, and most frequently asked questions for the machine.
Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q: Overview
It has enough features to keep an advanced user satisfied while having an easy enough interface to not scare a beginner off.
Like most Singer machines, the Confidence Quilter is built to handle a variety of project types without sacrificing on quality.
While it can be used for many general sewing applications, it is best for patchwork, applique, and quilting.
What we like:
- A very affordable option: This machine is quite inexpensive when compared to other computerized models.
- Easy to use: The controls on this machine, such as the quick select stitch buttons, are designed to streamline the sewing process and make projects faster and easier to complete.
- Lots of accessories: With nine presser feet included in the box, you have all the tools you need to get started on a variety of projects right away.
- 98 built-in stitches: This machine offers a nice selection of utility, decorative, and quilting stitches. With 98 options, you’re sure to find the stitch you need for your project.
What we don’t like:
- Slower than most comparable machines: At 750 stitches per minute, this machine is slightly faster than a basic sewing machine, but it is still much slower than other models in its category.
- Can’t sew without the foot pedal: Unlike similar models, this machine does not have a start/stop button to sew without a foot pedal.
- Tension settings are difficult: The tension settings for this machine are difficult to use and to perfect when you are first learning how to use it.
Confidence Quilter 7469Q: Key features and accessories
The Confidence Quilter 7469Q has a number of great features and accessories to get you started sewing right away.
Sturdy metal frame
The 7469 is built with a durable steel frame inside the machine to keep the parts in place and to prevent skipped stitches.
A metal frame makes the machine more durable and ensures it will last longer. It also dampens some vibrations and noise for a more comfortable sewing experience.
With its sturdy construction, the 7469Q should last you for many years.
The Confidence Quilter 7469Q comes with 98 built-in utility, decorative, and quilting stitches. While this is not as many as a fully computerized sewing machine, it is still an impressive number for a machine of this price.
Since the 7469Q is an electronic sewing machine, you can easily select a specific stitch using the LCD screen and the up and down arrow buttons. There is a retractable stitch guide at the bottom of the machine that tells you which number to input for each stitch.
The machine also has 12 quick-select buttons below the LCD screen that allow you to switch between the 12 most common stitches quickly .
Another great feature of the Confidence Quilter machine is the automatic buttonhole function.
The machine comes with seven different one-step buttonholes, ensuring a perfect fit for whatever project or style you are going for.
Most machines in its price range come with one buttonhole design, and the exceptions hardly ever surpass four options, so it is very unusual to see a machine with seven different buttonhole designs.
One-step buttonhole functions are also preferable since they are much easier to use than other options.
One of the best features of the 7469Q is the extension table. It allows you to switch between sewing and quilting projects with ease.
When you need extra support for a large quilting project, you can attach the removable extension table to allow for more space to work.
When you want to use the machine for basic sewing applications, you can remove the table to turn it back into a standard sewing machine. This helps save room in your work area and gives you better control over smaller projects.
Programmable needle up/down
A programmable needle up/down function is arguably one of the best features for sewing patchwork and applique.
It allows you to dictate if the needle stops in the up or down position when you stop sewing. This makes it easy to quickly pivot your fabric around corners and sharp turns without pausing to lower the needle each time.
Another useful function for quilters is the drop feed. It allows you to lower and disengage the feed dogs as needed.
This is an essential feature for free-motion quilting, as it allows you to feed the project through the needle in any direction that you want, whereas the feed dogs only allow you to feed it in a vertical line.
Free motion quilting creates unique and often intricate patterns (traditional and modern), giving you added creative range on your project.
The Confidence Quilter 7469Q comes with nine different presser feet included in the box. You get:
- All-purpose foot
- Zipper foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Blind hem foot
- Satin stitch foot
- Darning & embroidery foot
- 1/4 inch foot
- Open toe foot
- Even feed (walking) foot
- The walking foot accessory will be your best friend while quilting because it feeds multiple layers of fabric evenly through the needle. This prevents your quilt layers from shifting while you sew.
- The 1/4 inch foot has guides on it that help you achieve a perfect quarter inch seam – a must-have for sewing quilt tops, children’s clothes, doll clothes, and any other project that requires a narrow, even seam.
- The open toe foot gives you an unobstructed view of the needle so you can sew with greater accuracy. It is ideal for appliqueing and sewing embellishments.
- The darning and embroidery foot is perfect for free motion quilting. It prevents the fabric from bunching or rising while it is being moved around.
The others are fairly typical inclusions with a Singer machine and help with general sewing needs.
The rest of the accessories are mostly basic tools that help with everyday sewing needs and are not particularly unique to the Confidence Quilter.
- Extra bobbins
- Lint brush
- Seam ripper
- Soft dust cover
Electronic twin needle control
The 7469Q has an electronic twin needle control that allows for better results when using double needles.
Twin needles are exactly as they sound: two needles. They work together to make two lines of stitching right next to each other. This is a good option when you need extra reinforcement, such as when hemming pants.
Extra high presser foot lift
An extra high presser foot lift feature is essential for any quilting machine. Since quilting requires multiple layers of material to be fed through the machine at once, it is usually too tall to fit under the presser foot of a regular machine.
The extra-high lift ensures that you have adequate space to feed even your bulkiest quilt stacks.
Frequently asked questions
Let’s take a look at some of the most commonly asked questions about the 7469Q by prospective buyers and new users.
What materials can it handle?
This machine is made for quilting, so it needs a powerful motor to feed multiple layers of thick, bulky materials.
It is definitely no substitute for a heavy-duty or leather machine, but you can typically sew denim and some lighter vinyl fabrics with it.
What sort of maintenance does it require?
It requires frequent cleaning and oiling. You can use the included lint brush to clear out any lint, dust, and thread remnants from the machine. You will also need to oil the wick at least once a week.
Who is the confidence Quilter 7469Q suitable for?
It is a good choice for advanced and beginner users alike. However, some advanced users may find the slow stitch speed frustrating.
What size throat does it have?
The Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q has a meager 5.5” throat, which is small for a quilting machine. You may have issues quilting things larger than a full-size blanket since there isn’t much room to maneuver.
Wrapping it up
That’s everything you need to know about the Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q!
Still have a question about this sewing machine? Or maybe you’re a current owner with a tip you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below!